Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Big Al  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 5:40:48 AM(UTC)
Big Al

Groups: Registered

Me and the wife did our first hike here in Austin. We went to the narrows park thinking it was the Narrows you see on youtube no matter we had a blast. Planning another hike this weekend and looking for another couple or just a couple of folks to go with.

https://scontent-a-dfw.x...9a420888&oe=54BFA906

Edited by user Friday, September 26, 2014 5:43:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Big Al  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 5:46:17 AM(UTC)
Big Al

Groups: Registered

Blaze  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 12:32:43 PM(UTC)
Blaze

Groups: Registered, TrustedUser

Hi Al,

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing photos from your hike. I'm in Houston and I've not hiked that particular spot, so it's nice to see. I do a lot of hiking in the Austin and Hill Country area, so I hope to hike it one day soon.

In case you are not aware, this site has a really cool feature where you can log your hike, add photos, and even upload your track file (if you use a GPS). Over time, as you log your hikes, the site will add them to your personal logbook which serves as a nice journal. It even aggregates your mileage for you so you can keep track of how many miles you've hiked.

If you're looking for places to hike, then you can use the site's search function and/or view the Maps section. I personally like the Maps section because you can see, at a glance, all of the locations/trails we've identified in Texas. If you know of a trail that's not in the site's database, then there is a way you can add it by submitting it to Robert, the site administrator, and former Austinite.

As for finding fellow hikers, there are hiking groups you may want to join. You can Google "Austin Texas Hiking Groups" or something similar. If you hit a dead end in your search or have any additional questions, feel free to message me and I'll be glad to help.

P.S. One last thing -- if you ever go outside of Texas, you can log those hikes at www.hikingtrailhead.com, a sister site to this one, developed also by Robert. It has all of the same features I mentioned earlier, only it's not limited to Texas. You can log your hikes around the world! :)
Happy Trails!
Lone_Star